Sunday, May 13, 2012

happy mother's day!!!

It's my 2nd year celebrating Mother's Day and Lily's at that age where she can do crafts with Mama!  No crazy gifts this year, but just a really great card.  I love the sentiment of cards more than actual gifts, so I was a happy mama!  Since Lily loves stickers so much, she and I created this card together for my grandmother, her great-grandmother, whom we call Mamsie.  It was so fun and so cute to do together!


It was a simple project:  just took a doily and glued it onto a folded piece of pink cardstock, so that the doily was folded onto the front and back of the card.  Lily had such precision in placing the stickers that spelled out MAMSIE.  On the inside, we spelled out L I L Y and she went to town scribbling all over - the best artwork that an almost 2 year old kid does!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!  It's the hardest and most rewarding job ever!